TSA Security Procedures
Transportation Security Administration monitors and checks all traveling departing / arriving passengers at PTI airport.
TSA officers ask passengers to remove all items and belongings, such as electronic devices, cell phones, objects from pockets, heavy metal-made items, as well as jackets, shoes, belt, and coat.
Items should be placed on a separate tray for X-ray screening. Meanwhile, passengers undergo metal detector millimeter technology, which is harmful and does not involve physical contact. The technology aims to determine weapons, knives, or other prohibited items, to prevent passengers from carrying them on board.
Required Documents / Identification
Passengers (Aged 18 and more) at Piedmont Triad International Airport need to present the following documents to be allowed to fly within the United States:
- Driver's licenses or other identity cards with photo, issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles
- U.S. passport / U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted traveler cards (E.g., Global Entry, SENTRI, NEXUS, FAST)
- U.S. Department of Defense ID
- Permanent resident card
- State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
- Border crossing card
- Federally recognized / tribal-issued ID with photo
- Foreign government-issued passport
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- Canadian provincial driver's license / Indian / Northern Affairs Canada card
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (e.g., I-766)
- Transportation worker ID credential
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
Besides, from the beginning of October 1, 2020, all air traveling public will be required to present a Real ID, compliant to Driver’s License. Real ID card is marked with a star.
Security Checkpoints and Departure Time
Security Checkpoint operating hours are proximate at Piedmont Triad International Airport. The schedule varies according to the airline’s scheduled departing flight times.
Since the main passenger terminal building is open for 24-hour per day, TSA checkpoints are available from 4:15 a.m. every day, until the last flight.
Passengers are advised to contact their airline and check the security, check-in, and boarding times. Also, passengers can print their boarding pass (if they checked-in by themselves) before coming to the PTI airport. Travelers must arrive early to allow enough time for parking, check-in, baggage screening, carry-on bag screening, TSA checkpoints, check-in, and be on time for boarding. Piedmont International Airport recommends arriving approximately 1.5 hours before the scheduled flight departs.